Followers

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Well My Friends...

Image result for hello

First I would like to apologize to Ms. Farah Lily for not sending your package out immediately. My beautiful, sweet and loving Aunt Nellie passed away on March 22nd and I have been trying to get back into the swing of things. She was the baby sister of my father and the last aunt we have. Me, my sisters, brothers, cousins, nephews, nieces are now the "new branches" of our family tree. Granted my mother is still alive and doing well but she is now the last for everyone, so sit hard to gauge how she might be feeling. She has outlived her parents, brothers, sister, husband and her in-laws. She is blessed but I'm not sure if she is lonely. 

A few weeks before that, our next door neighbors were acting like assholes and one decided to try and run the other one over and ran into my mothers house!! Front porch all jacked up so you know my brother was ready to kill someone if  not both parties involved. Apparently running your nephew down in a car a turnaround ends up hitting my mother house. Why they didn't hit their own house is beyond me but the tension are still high. She filed her claim and the contractors have been out but it been raining and cold so now that the weather is finally breaking in Detroit so it can finally get finished. That has been our home since 1979 and just the thought our neighbors causing such damage to my mother home just make my blood BOIL!!

I haven't been playing much and my poor dolls have been staring at me like, "WTF??", lol. Poor Scarlett is waiting on her new outfits as with Skipper and well  the fellas are already lining up. So I do have motivation over here but not the flow. 

Yes, I have been lurking but not commenting. You know, just a quick look. I'm slowing getting the mood back. My ankle is getting better but giving me so slight pain. I force myself to start walking on it so there is some slight resistance but hey, if you don't use it, you loose it and I need to get my exercise on. 

So my friends, I just wanted to drop in and let you know what else has been been going on in Dotsville. I finally change the look of my blog, it really was time for any update and the colors give me a happy feeling and that makes me smile!
\

I loved playing with Barbies - that's why I didn't stop! - Brad Goreski


16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update, Brini! And I'm sorry for your loss... ~jamiestoyblog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to learn of your aunt's passing. It's good to see an update from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really was my connection to my father and somehow I know they are together. She missed my father so much because he spoiled her from the time she was born.

      Delete
  3. Boy oh boy what a time! I hope your ankle is healed and ready to enjoy the changing weather. So sorry to hear about your mom's porch and the death of your beloved auntie. I am sure your dolls understand. They just miss you! :-) Lots of hugs.
    The Grandmommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it has been a time for everyone. I've gotten better over the days and I re-arrange my dolls so they won't feel to neglected, lol. They bring me so much happiness when my mind is everywhere.

      Delete
  4. Hi Brini,

    I extend my condolences to you and your family for the loss of your aunt.

    What happened between your neighbors to cause the damage to your mother's home, your family's long-time home, is so unfortunate. I hope your mother is able to get things repaired better than before soon.

    Thanks for checking in. I hope everything is back to a peaceful normal soon.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. My nephew said one was walking up the street and the other decided he wanted to run him over! They said he tried to run but if the uncle turned around then why didn't they hit their own house! I believe he tried to run on our porch and thought the uncle was going to stop and he didn't. There is a concrete bearer that separate the walkway from the house on the left of us and these fools live on the right of us. So there were no tire marks going across the grass or on dirt marks that were on our driveway which is right next to their yard, walkway and steps!! My nother's house is the third house off the corner so what kind of U-turn was he doing?! The uncle is still in jail and the nephew is next door like nothing happened.

      Delete
  5. So sorry for the loss of your auntie. I have an uncle who is in his 80's who is the only surviving member of his generation too. After a time of adjustment, he seems to be doing well and gets frequent visits from his kids and us nieces and nephews, from grandkids and so on. He even wrote and illustrated a children's book about Michigan.

    Wow, can't believe what happened to your mom's how. Stupid neighbor's! Did she press charges against them? Since it was a car hitting the house, I think that their insurance will have to pay for the work.

    Hope everything settles down for you soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just glad I always kept in touch with her. We send letters and cards back in forth to each other. Charges were pressed against the Uncle who had tried this before and things are settling down a bit.

      Delete
  6. My condolences on the loss of your aunt.

    Your neighbors sound just plain crazy. It's a shame that people do disrespectful things to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do appreciate it. I just think about how much our family has done for them and it boggles my mind that the nephew doesn't think nothing about it!

      Delete
  7. Oh Brini. My heart goes out to you and your mom. Sometimes when it rains it pours. I hope that everything turns out much better than she expected.

    Hopefully, your ankle is healing well. I feel your pain. I'm so tired of walking on crutches and not being able to get around.... I digress.

    Hang in there. Sometimes these temporarily trials seem to last forever, but this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Vanessa. Time does heal. I been trying to exercise and I think it helping. I don't want to do physical therapy just yet but I might have to.

      I know you are much stronger than me and you probable ditch those crutches before I get out this brace, lol. I'm also glad you have great neighbor too.

      Delete
  8. Sorry for the loss of your aunt. Glad that you still have your Mom with you and that she has you and your siblings, etc. to be there for her.

    Hope you find a fun exercise to compensate for the pain in your healing ankle. Hope that gets better soon.

    Thanks for the update. I look forward to your doll stories and doll chat when you return to regular posting. May you enjoy lurking until and after then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying to walk on it more but my brain is telling me not to push it, lol. Thanks goodness my dolls bring me such delight so they are "encouraging" me to get in the game.

      Delete